Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

We have to do better. "Bow down B"





I know when you were little girls 
You dreamt of being in my world 
Don’t forget it , don’t forget it 
Respect that, bow down bitches 
I took some time to live my life 
But don’t think I’m just his little wife 
Don’t get it twisted, get it twisted 
This my sht, bow down Bs 

[Bridge] 
Bow down bs, bow bow down Bs 
Bow down Bs, bow bow down Bs 
H-town bishes, h-h-town bishes 
I’m so crown, bow bow down bs 

[Hook] 

I’m out that H-town 
Coming, coming down 
I’m coming down dripping candy on the ground 
H, H-town, town, I’m coming down 
Coming down dripping candy on the ground 


[Hook x2] 
I been on, I been on, I been on 
Tell me who gone take me off 
Take me off, take me off, take me off 

[Verse 2] 
Rolling high, leather and louis 
Keep it trill, that's what good 
Kiss my momma, show that love 
Pop them bottles in that club 
I heard your boo was talking lip 
I told my crew to smack that trick 
Smack that trick, smack that trick 
Guess what they did, smack that trick 
Gold everything, gold ass chain 
Gold ass rings, gold ass fangs 
You could see me stunt when you turn and you scream 
You could see me stunt when you turn and you scream 
I’m bigger than life, my name in the lights 
I’m the number one chick, ain’t need no hype 
The capital b means, I’m ‘bout that life 
The capital b means, I’m ‘bout that life 


[Outro] 
I’m in to my baby hair with my dookie braids 
French’s, boodaying in the parking lot 
Shout out to Willie D 
I was in that Willie D video when I was about fourteen, looking crazy 
Shout out Pimp C 
You know we used to sneak and listen to that UGK 
Didn’t do your girl but your sister was alright, damn 
In ya homeboy’s Caddy last night 
Hold up, Texas trill 

I can't even begin to describe the emotions I feel reading this song. Beyonce's new song Bow down. Ugh so many things running through my mind. This song is just trash. Like there's no other way to describe it. Trash, talking about nothing. All I see is women in the club, finger pointing in the air saying, "bow down Bs!" It's just so irritating for women and young ladies to refer to themselves as a B. It's like no you're not :( We get offended when men call us that, but then we think it's "cool" to call ourselves that? How is that so? 

When did we stop wanting to be classy and pure? What happened to saving ourselves for our future husbands and feeling uncomfortable showing random men our bodies? Trust me this isn't just a judgement to everybody but me? It used to be ME. Showing ME to anyone with eyes! It used to be cutting my shirts even lower to show off my goods. Smh. So I know firsthand "that life." And now that I'm away from it, yes it makes me mad. Mad to see women unaware of their value. And embracing the myth that the way to be affirmed is only through our bodies. 

Like seriously B? You don't speak like this in real life. You would be embarrassed to say stuntin and mean it in front of the president or anyone for that matter. But, you put it in a song and portray this "Im 'bout that life" (which you're not) knowing it's going to sell and young ladies everywhere are going to LOVE it. Like it's not okay. It' shouldn't just be a song. It' shouldn't just be brushed off as "our music today-no biggie." She would never raise her daughter up this way because she wasn't raised that way. So I'm left to think she and many other artists don't care enough to see the bigger picture. To see the communities and cultures who really live "bout that life" and have no plans to change. And who forfeit everything just to appear to have it all. No future plans, respect for people or themselves. No direction in life. J's on their feet, bag on their shoulder and moet bottles in the VIP section. As she says, "stuntin."

Maybe I'm the only one, but when I leave this earth I don't want to be known for being the #1 chick. I want to actually contribute to someone's well being and life. Maybe that's too deep for you, maybe I'm so radical. But I don't want to use people and make money off people just so I can stay on top. Which is exactly what she and other artists do. We have a generation out there who believe sex sells, rappers are everything cool, disrespecting authority is "cool", disrespecting ourselves is acceptable, sleeping around is normal. And Having every THING is what matters. That's all you see. Everywhere. I'm just so sick of it. All of the above leads to an empty life. Everything is a let down. Please don't believe these artists are "living it up" or are on top. Jesus said He's come so that we can have life more abundantly. Not people. Not things.

 I have been to more clubs than anyone. Sat in more VIPs, skipped lines and "popped" bottles. Met plenty of celebrities. And showed off my "goods." That's not being "bout that life." My family is. My dignity and respect for others is. That stuff fades. Love stays forever. Some of these artists don't care about you and how they are affecting your everyday life, they just want your money. They just need to stay relevant, don't support trash.

Respect. Honor. Modesty. Purity. Humbleness. These words still have meaning. It is possible to have all of them. You can have better. I promise. 

p.s. I think Beyonce is beautiful and has a beautiful voice. She's not a horrible person, but in my personal opinion she's wasting her platform. She can make a difference with the young ladies today, I believe that. But until then I'm not lying when I say you don't have to be half naked to get a man & you don't have to be "bout that life" to be successful in this world. I had no job, no money when my husband found me. And he didn't see everything I had until he married me. Please, please take the time to read lyrics & think about what you're supporting. See the bigger picture.

p.s.s I didn't want to curse on here but everywhere you see a Bs that's the B word. There's other curse words in there but you can google it on your own to see, I apologize for any I missed


p.s.s.s "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?" Matthew 16:26



Love me,
Love God.


No comments:

Post a Comment