Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Family Reunited!

Good afternoon!
So my boys are back after two weeks. That means 1 baby for me! LOL, if you have more than one child then you know the easy breezy time my husband & I had. Funny, how it was such a big difference to not have to care for 3 kids. Cooking was a cinch! Cleaning, laundry, bath time? A thing of the past! lol ok maybe not entirely, but almost.

Before they went on their vacation, I made a list of the things I was going to do while they were gone. More play dates, more business meetings, and lots of top to bottom cleanings. Busy, busy, busy! Oh yea and I was going to work out every day. Dragging a long one baby is so easy :) gym here I come! Or so I thought.

The very next day after my boys left, I went to the gym. Only to find out I could no longer work out at that location :( there went my gym plan lol. And as the next two weeks scurried by, so did my top to bottom cleaning plan and business meetings ha. I did run around some, but for the most part I didn't do anything. And to be honest with you, I'm okay with that.

Rest and having absolutely nothing to do is something moms can hardly partake of. Even if you just have one kid, there's always something to do. Laundry, dishes, meal planning, cooking, bathing, dressing, praying, exercising, etc., etc. So yea I sat on my butt! I enjoyed it, too. I hope that you moms (parents) can get a break time from time. You have to have time to just sit and do nothing. We are constantly pouring out, we need time to recieve and refresh-no guilt attached.

 I know when I'm away from my kids it gives me time to re-up on my love, patience, kindness, understanding, did I say patience? Oh okay. Kids especially need our patience. For their time on earth has been so short that they just don't have our wisdom & understanding. They are unsure of right and wrong; common sense. Our grace & patience from the Lord help us to react slow, with loving care and teach iwth gentleness.

It makes me sick when I'm out in public and I hear other parents yelling at their kids, "What's wrong with you?" or "You make me sick." That stems from having no patience and lots of selfishness. No time to think about the effects of our words and just spewing out our first thoughts.  I know about yelling and reacting. But, walking in love helps us to remember that they are children. They don't have logic about the world. Their logic is whatever they want it to be. And I don't want to punish them for being "kids."

I want to take every moment to study them, cherish them, and nuture them. They really do grow up so fast. New moms with newborns can hardly wait for the growing up lol but after that initial transition they zoom on by. I have Headstart around the corner :) and other fun ventures. So stay tuned for our journey of Family & purpose.....God bless.




p.s. Please check out my Facebook page for some amazing mommy articles :)
Click my FB Button on the top right!

Love me,
Love God.


No comments:

Post a Comment