Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sweet, Healthier Good Ol' Banana Bread Muffins!




So those are my banana bread muffins! Lovely bananas seeping through the cracks :) I've made these like 3 times in the last month or so. Eating them now lol. That's a lot of baking for me. So these aren't as healthy as my carrot/apple/banana muffins (http://aperfectfitministries.blogspot.com/2012/09/my-favorite-muffins-good-eats-nutrious.html) because there aren't any vegetables BUT at least there is no processed sugar, which is the goal for my family. If you're wondering about the flaxseed, I use it in place of the egg because it has less calories and great benefits. We all need fiber, Omega 3's, and important amino acids. Google it if you've never heard of it :)


My ingredients :)
- 1 cup of raw honey, maple syrup (Grade B is the best) 
-1/2 cup of butter
-2 tbsp ground flaxseed/6 tbsp water
  (equivalent to 2 eggs)
-1/2 cup applesauce (I like chunky)
-3 ripe bananas
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1.5 cups of wheat flour
-1/4 tsp salt
*Coconut oil for greasing

I wanted to include a picture of the honey I use from Trader Joe's because it is unfiltered, uncooked basically untouched! Real honey is tannish/beige. It hasn't been processed. Raw honey is the honey that has the healing benefits, antioxidants, & nutritional value that is similar to fruit. So the lighter honey is unprocessed and better for you. The darker honey doesn't hold the same benefits. More expensive but so worth it! I posted this one from Trader Joe's because it's under $6! Which is really cheap for raw honey. I've seen some close to $20 so that's a really good deal. Trader Joe's should pay me for all the free advertising I do for them ;)
Raw honey is the best choice!

processed, therefore darker















Preheat your oven to 325 F. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until nice and smooth. Grease your muffin pan with good ol' coconut oil and pour! Cook muffins for 25 minutes and Enjoy! 




Love me,
Love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment