Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Love God Today.

Feels so good to write another post :) Took a little mommy/life break there. Something just came to me-Love. 


"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:18 KJV
or
 "Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth" 1 John 3:18 NIV

We can apply this to every relationship in our life, but I want to talk about our relationship with God, Jesus. Our First Love. I've been listening to this beautiful song all day and the sun has been shining and I just cannot help but to think of my savior, Jesus Christ. 

I sometimes have trouble balancing all of my Loves as I've blogged about earlier (http://aperfectfitministries.blogspot.com/2012/09/sharing-my-love.html) but you know what? I really, really love Him. I don't have the luxury of spending hours with Him like I use to when I was single but something in me just really wants to show Him how much I love Him. 

Sometimes, we get mad at people for not wanting to spend time with us or for always saying "I'm sorry I'm busy!" It doesn't feel too well to keep hearing that, especially coming from people you really care about. Well.....think about God. He absolutely LOVES us, adores us even. He watches us all day, probably smiling; beaming maybe. Our loving Father...sigh. That was a sweet sigh :)

 You don't think He doesn't desire you? You don't think He sometimes wants to spend time with you in prayer or in song? Just some alone time? Has your spouse ever asked that of you? To just set out some time for you and them to enjoy each other. Yeah. Guess what? Take the love of your spouse, your best friend, or children and times that by 1 trillion. That's how much more God loves and desires you! It's unmeasurable.

Life happens and we just need more time in our day! We want God to understand that our relationship with Him is the one that has to be put on hold, or be decreased. Because God is a loving God. So since He really can't "talk" back, it's probably okay with Him. That kind of sucks for Him though, because think about allll the people that do that to Him. I could imagine how He might feel used! We come to Him in our "urgencies" of life, plead & beg! Lord help me! Please get me out of this situation! And then when it's over, we kind of wave goodbye..unknowingly or knowingly.

Well, I just want to remind you that HE is the reason for everything you have. Because He is the creator of Heaven & Earth. He is the reason you have children, you are not out on the streets and that you have food everyday. He is the reason you have free will every day. He is the reason you have Love. Please remember that. He is Worthy of your time! He is worthy of your sacrifices. He, my friend has sacrificed the most for you....John 3:16. It doesn't get more real than that. I close my eyes and just feel His love, His presence right here with me. His perfect Love....


In the same way you love on your kids and uplift your spouse is the same way (but more) would you adorn Christ. Make your love great for Him. Dedicate your whole life to Love Him more each day. He is great! He is worthy! He is Faithful to His children! Who are we to be loved by HIM???? I don't know, but He loves us still. We haven't even done anything worthy enough, but He really does keep on loving. Love Him back, give Him all of you.

 Give Him your fears, your words, your heart! All of it. SHOW Him you love Him, just don't tell Him. You know we are people that need to See Love, so show it to Him! What a privilege it is, too....we have the freedom to Love Him...at home, at work, church anywhere! I'm telling you, the more you discover His love, the more you will want to Love Him back, and the more you'll want to discover more of Him-a precious cycle :)

He does understand our busy life on this earth, but don't you think He deserves more? Where would you be without Him?



"I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies."
(Psalm 18:1-3)


Love God Today. He truly is the reason for this season and every season...God bless!


Love me,
Love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment