Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The BESTEST Guacamole ever!

Yep. That is correct. This is the BEST guacamole I've ever had lol. :)



Smile. And if you know me, you've probably had it before. So you know how great it is! So, one of my bestest friends Jessi gave this recipe to me about 4 years ago over the phone. And I've been making it ever since. When she gave it to me I'mmmm pretty sure there were no measurements. Lol so guess what? I can't give exact measurements either! So please bare with me ;) The good news is-once you make it that first time, you'll be a pro! Automatically. I made two dishes this week that both go with guacamole: Mahi Mahi Tacos and Enchilada casserole. 



First things First. The ingredients I'm using in this batch are for 2-3 people.  Unless I'm bringing it to a gathering I usually only use 3 avacados. If you're making more, then portionalize & add more of everything. When I pick my avacados, I pick the little "scab" at the top off to see what the inside looks like. It should be a pretty, bright green color. If it's brown then no good! The texture should be alittle soft to touch but not soggy and definitely not rock hard or they will NOT be ready for use anytime soon. 
  • 3 avacados
  • 1 jalepeno-chopped
  • generous handful of chopped cilantro (alittle more than 1/4 cup)
  • About 1/4 cup red onion-chopped
  • 1-2 roma tomatoes (about 1/2 cup)-chopped
  • juice from a 1/2 of lime
  • Portion picture of my red onion
  • Sea salt to Taste
 **1 jalepeno only makes this mild I would say. The more, the merrier!
When I first started making guac, I didn't know how to properly cut an avacado open lol so this picture is for those ppl who are like me. You slice it all the way around, coming back full circle and twist open. Once inside, scoop it out!  *Tip: You can take a knife, stab the pit and pull it right out.   
all sliced, ready to mix!
After you put your avacados in bowl, go ahead and start chopping everything else! (My worse part lol) I have no particular order bc I hate cutting. I usually try bribing someone else to do it. But, just make sure you slice everything nice & small :) Then add your sea salt to taste. Once you're done mixing everything- TASTE. I usually ask my hub to taste & see what I'm missing. Because there aren't "real" measurements, everything is in portion (eyeballed) and according to taste. ------------> Final Outcome: YUMMMM!



Love me,
Love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment