Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Seeking Justice? Look here.

So, this week I had some things happen to me by my significant other and I felt I needed justice; I deserved an apology.  How many times have you felt wronged? Everyone should have if you're married! But in life more than likely someone has intentionally or unintentionally offended you. Now how many times have you demanded justice? You were unable to "move on" until that person(s) said they were sorry. Sometimes we even demand that they tell us in detail what they did wrong and how they can "improve." Lol. Riggghht.

Well, like I said I was "offended" on 3 different accounts (Lord, I repent for keeping track of wrong doings lol 1 Corinthians 13:5) this week and I was very angry that there was no apology, well sincere one because I'm the judge. I was paralyzed in that moment like I can't move on with my life or be nice to you etc until I feel like you are sorry for the pain you caused me. Lol. Well, guess what? 4 days later and still no apology. But guess what what? I don't need it.

I decided to go to bible study this morning, actually I was kind of desperate to go because I knew I couldn't stay in my bitter world and try to study the bible. On the way there Jesus reminded me of His journey to the Cross.
And I remembered the questions, false accusations, tormenting, and huge amounts of offense He endured and I sighed.

Can I even compare my silly situation with His? Not to mention the many years I, ME intentionally offended God. All the while He continued to open His arms to me. Wide open. Without grudge. This unconditional Love is the very foundation of my Faith in Christ. Love. If we want to be set apart, this is how we do it. We keep our arms wide open to people: whether they deserve it or not. Which is funny in itself because who are we to say who deserves our love? If memory serves me well NONE of us deserve God's Love.

I don't know about you but I sincerely want to be like Christ. I want His words to come alive in me one day at a time. So that means that I love when it's inconvenient for me to do so. I don't just love when things are going my way & my husband is treating me like the queen that I am (hahaha). I love just as freely as Christ loves me. That means nonstop, 24/7 LOVE. And you see this doesn't just apply to your spouse but also your children and the rest of the world. Jesus asks in Matthew 5:46 "If you love those who love you, what reward will you get?" In other words that's not HARD to do!

When we walk around and whine playing "Vicky the victim" we are operating in pride! "I deserve this & that, and they better or I'm going to tell them!" The "I don't deserve this" speech. Now, don't get me wrong I'm not talking about abuse or anything serious like that. Because no one deserves abuse, but to be treated unfairly? Jesus didn't promise you a fair life. Because quite frankly His life was the most unfair of us all.

He paid a price of DEATH on behalf of all of us. Our sins, not HIS. So don't get married and expect to be treated well alll the time. Don't you know you married an imperfect person just like yourself? There will be times when the world will treat you unfairly. There will be times when it seems as though you're doing all the work or that you're loving people more than they are loving you. You know what that is called? That's called life. But you know what else? 1 Corinthians 13 says Love is NOT self-seeking. That means that you love without a reason. That means that your worth is sooo wrapped up in Christ that you don't need to be loved back because God Loves You.

Trust me I know it's nearly impossible! To constantly Love? But it's NOT impossible. " I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"----Jeremiah 32:27

That is the beauty of Love. God is Love. So if you have HIM inside of you you can begin to act like Him because we were created in His image. We won't always need things in life to be fair. We won't need to be right all the time or to be justified. People's words or behavior towards us shouldn't be the final say or sought after reward. God is our rewarder, our judge, and our Peace. 

So I'm happy to say that my spirit man won this week and my greedy flesh suffered to pride. Lol. I rather be a peacemaker than a picket sign holder demanding my "rights" haha. It's not worth the strife and bitterness. Especially not when it's in your own home! Being called a son of God is more worth it....Matthew 5:9

We're all a work in progress and These 8 Beatitudes will help keep your flesh in check! Choose the "lower" approach, Jesus did......

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."




Love me,
Love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment