Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mahi Mahi Tacos




After I stopped eating meat, fish was my go-To! I really wanted some tacos so I decided to try fish tacos. I had only tried them once so I really was just experimenting here. I went to Trader Joe's (Love) and bought some Mahi Mahi Filets. Very high in protein, low in calories. And they are wild caught, which is always better than farm raised. 





So I added 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a medium heated pan. Then I opened up my fish and rinsed it off. I rinse it thoroughly because I do not like the extra fishy taste lol. Delicately "ring" out excess water and add to heated pan. Let it cook 2-3 minutes on each side. I add about 1/2 cup of diced onions. After it starts to cook, the fish will firm up and turn a whiteish color. Then I start to "slice" with my spatula and add my seasonings. You'll only need about 3 tablespoons of this taco seasoning. I highly recommend Trader Joe's brand-it's got a kick to it! If not, any taco packet should do. Add your Adobo and Old Bay to taste.



 So it usually doesn't need to cook for more than 20 or so minutes. If you let it cook too long, it'll start sticking to the pan. All that's left to do is TASTE! 

* Yummy Toppings: Cheese, sour cream, lettuce, lime & of course Guacamole!

I only need guacamole on mine!

Hubby likes everything on it!











Love me,
Love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment