Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Give a Helping Hand

Last night made me think of how much we are All called to be a "helping hand." I must admit, though I feel called to be a help & to encourage others in my marriage I have come wayyyy short! But, I'll come back to that lol. Lately as I struggle in my thoughts of short comings mainly with the Lord, I look around & realize I'm not the only one! And I'm not saying this to bring anyone else down (necessarily) but more to tell myself, "hey! chill out Jewel."

 I often gaze from person to person & think they're doing more, they're doing better but as I meditate on the scriptures of Jesus being the ONLY perfect one I remember no one but HIM is worthy of praise.
     We are all trying to run our race the best we know how & frankly our best isn't much lol. 

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

God has said that HIS grace is indeed sufficient in our weaknesses. Which is ummm a high percentage of the time! I just feel like we will spend our lifetime being a help to the next person in their weakness. We all will fall at different times, we all will climb our mountains at different times, & like sheep will go astray. It is impossible for us to walk exactly like Jesus, but the possibility of striving for Christlikeness is there! 

As co-members of this One Body we are to encourage each other with the WORD of God, the only thing that will not perish. Condemnation is not an option because none of us are that perfect example. Although I'm mostly speaking to MYself on this one, I know that the enemy tries to tell us (lies of course!) everyone else is reading & memorizing scriptures, ministries are getting started, and we are sooo behind, we have no power, and our prayer life sucks. 

Everything I've heard time & time again. Well, all I know is God is faithful! He has seen me through these times, hard times, and I have found His love throughout it all. He will forever be my Help.

          Our motive of trying to "do" stuff to "look" better should be replaced by gratefulness that God continues to love us, like crazy love us no matter what. So when you feel like you "are on fire" go to your brothers & sisters and light them up with God's love! Remind them of God's faithfulness, His awesomeness! Remind them we allll need each other to give us a hand and it's okay. 

We are called to be like Jesus but unfortunately we cannot BE Him. But until then, we run the good fight of faith and keep trucking towards our crown!

  p.s. I know I didn't mention the marriage part of help but I'll save that for another day ;) that'll be 500 posts in one lol.
 p.s.s Oh yea one of my favorite scriptures for this is "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."  2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Love me,
Love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment