Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Family's Small Steps

Today was wonderful.
It's only 1 o'clock, Sunday afternoon and so much has happened. We didn't make it to church this morning because my oldest is dealing with some heavy allergies. It looks crazy the way his face has flared up.
And his eye was pinkish so I'm sure the childcare people at church would have been scared at the sight of that.

So anyway,
daddy cooked breakfast and we watched Frances Chan on our TV through YouTube. For some reason, any conversation about God, Jesus, the Holyspirit, Church, our walks-anything relating turns me on. Like not in a sexual matter per say, but it's "romantic" to be with my life partner, my husband and God at the same time. Probably because I've never had the luxury to do or talk about anything God with other men I've dated. I definitely appreciate having a believing husband!

Yea so,
we watched him for about an hour, pausing to discuss certain points and then called our boys down. My husband "preached" his first "sermon" to them lol. :) Big smile. It may not be a big surprise to anybody that knows us, duh. We love God. However things aren't always what they seem. We didn't get married and start this huge ministry and travel all over the world. Lol. God took and is taking His time with us :)

We taught my oldest how to find scriptures and look at the little numbers before the verses. Then daddy spoke on loving your neighbor and especially your brother and sister. Sharing toys, be kind, giving your all to each other, etc. I really believe they got it. It was so simple but very powerful. Jesus summarized everything in Two Commands:Love God with all your heart, mind, and soul AND Love your neighbor as yourself.

The goal is to turn all these scriptures into everyday, toddler life for them. We sang a beautiful song, well I sung lol then we prayed that Jesus would help us to love each other better. It. Was. Beautiful.

The more I think about this morning, the more I want people to know that these precious moments don't happen overnight. And they may not happen everyday so don't take them for granted. I am especially grateful for them because I know what it's like to NOT have them. Although my husband and I both loved Jesus and each other there wasn't a lot of "worship" in our home first getting married. Worship in song, word, or deeds.

And we're not finished. My husband's not finished with His call to minister and raise up His family. But, we have to celebrate the smaller steps of our journey. I'm not concerned with raising perfect children, I'm committed to raising children who Love God....with all their heart, mind, and soul. And I'm more aware that I have to celebrate our family's small (but big) victories along the way especially those led by my husband. Mostly because I wasted so much time tearing him down and nagging to him what he WASN'T doing for us. Shake my head, how terrible was I for that. Thank you God for changing my heart!

So what have I learned along the way?
1.When you get married, you are Not marrying a finished product. God is daily working on us, give grace to allow that to happen in others.
2. Appreciate your marriage (family's) growth in the Lord. Let God take His time.
3. Men need affirmation & confidence to believe that they can do it. Whatever that may be.
4. Children are ready now to know Christ. They are so intelligent and ready to learn at this stage. Share.
5. Anybody can share the Love of God with them, you don't have to know all of the bible, or even have a church yourself. Just start today-blessing your food, praying at night, in the morning before you begin each day, praying when they fall. Anywhere! God doesn't qualify us before He calls us, but He does give us grace to be A Perfect Fit for our Family. In Him, we can do all things.... Philippians 4:13



Love me,
Love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment