Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

In that little moment.

It was the most simple, pleasant, sweet little moment that hit me today. 
I looked in my second baby's eyes, wiped his hair away from his face and just cried. Today I saw his beauty. I saw his innocence wrapped up in a little being. There were no other distractions at that moment. No other children yelling for me. Me and him. Through my tears I said, "thank you God,thank you for counting me worthy." As a mother, sometimes you miss out on days. They come and go. You miss out on the miracle of life growing right before your eyes. I know having 3, it's sometimes difficult to 1.) pay attention to just one kid for long periods of time 2.) see them as a blessing in times of discipline, fatigue, or stress




I know they are my blessings :) but the reality is it's not always so pleasant. They're still very young and unaware of rights & wrongs.  Some days I feel like I'm disciplining them more than anything. So, I'm not always grateful for their presence, as I am for my breaks. But, today was sweet. It was kind and it reminded me of love. 

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4

Today, in a very quiet and calm day with just my middle child I felt God's love. Today, I got a "little moment" to appreciate the little life I birthed out. Oh how I'm grateful for that. Today time stopped just long enough to praise God for His creations. And today I wanted more of HIM. I felt His heart and I reached for more. He is everything good, and in the stillness of still He will speak

If you know a mom or dad in need, serve them. Give them a break to appreciate what they have. Sometimes we need that. Especially if there are more than one child in the home, give them a little moment to love on just one. It's a small, huge things you can do for a parent :) I'm grateful for my help. I pray I can continue to strive to be selfless and pass on sacrificial love, like my father in Heaven's.


Love me,
Love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment