Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Favorite Muffins-Good eats, Nutrious Treats!

My ABC Muffins!

Lol. I just named them right now. Kinda clever-ABC for apples, bananas, & carrots! Okay So I'm going to attempt to post another recipe, hopefully it's clear and makes lots of sense so you can make these all the time :)

Here are the ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup honey, maple syrup or agave nectar (I've tried both)
  • 2 large bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup Chunky applesauce
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup oat bran
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Coconut oil for greasing the pan

 Ok, so I wanted to take a picture of my oat bran just in case someone didn't know what it looked like :) 
<------- I try not to ever use processed sugar when I'm baking so I think the healthiest alternatives are maple syrup & agave nectar. I use apple sauce because I try to throw fruit into everything lol. If I don't have applesauce or fresh fruit I most likely will not be making pancakes. It makes it extra moist & it's a good way to add needed vitamins. I only buy Earth balance butter. It's a vegan, Gluten free butter that I first bought in 2010. Been hooked ever since. It is more expensive but I don't even notice anymore :) Tastes the same to me and it has 400 mg of Omega 3s per serving! Sign me up! I've found it sold at Kroger, Trader Joe's, Meijer, Giant Eagle, Raisin Rack, Whole Foods, & sometimes Wal-Mart.

  1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 24 mini muffin cups or 12 standard muffin cups. I use coconut oil for my greasing because it's super healthy & better than olive oil because it can withstand higher heat without burning.
  2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter & syrup until smooth. Mix in the mashed bananas, applesauce, carrots, & eggs. Stir in the flour, oat bran, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt until just combined. Spoon the batter equally into the prepared muffin cups.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. (My oven does 17 min. exactly; mine's is old & powerful lol) Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing. Store at room temperature for up to two days, or freeze.




No, that is not melted butter-that's yummy banana oozing out! You can enjoy these goodies guilt free! Yum Yum do your body good :)
Kid tested, Mother approved! Cheers!



p.s leave a comment if you love them as much as I do :)
                                   
                                                     Love me,
                                                     Love God.

1 comment:

  1. Please comment with questions or feedback :) Also I would love new recipes! Share :)

    ReplyDelete