Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Grateful I Am.





Jesus. That is the reason why I'm so thankful this morning. I'm thankful because although life remains imperfect, HE remains perfect.
I'm so thankful this morning because there was a time, actually a long time where all I could think about was the shambles my family was in. My prayers stayed fixed on God needing to fix us. Emotional roller coasters were my ride of choice. Up. down. up. down. And all around. 

The thing I learned through all of that was that all the while I was sitting in my misery, I was actually idolizing MYSELF. I was praying to God (some) but not ever praising GOD. I never had the chance to tell Him what I was thankful for. I never showed Him any appreciation for just being in my life. When you are consumed with your self, you forget about God. The God who breathed life into you and loved you enough to be made in His image. The God who covers you knowingly and unknowingly. We cannot be lovers of self, because we are nothing apart from Him.

He called us into this life. 

It's not that I'm against crying and being down; I'm all for it. Well, in balance. Some people feel bad for crying which you shouldn't. God created all of our senses, emotions and feelings. Crying is beautiful; it's an amazing outpouring of sadness or joy. But what we shouldn't make habit of is days and days of just feeling bad for ourselves. Pity party. Being a victim. Think about your kids. You care for them by keeping them dry & warm, you feed them, bathe them, always have their best interest in mind. All of their needs are taken care of and more. 

You love them so much sometimes you give them stuff they absolutely don't need lol. And guess what? They whine. They cry and are ungrateful. They forget all the other things you do do for them. How does that make you feel? Frustrated, mad, sometimes even sad. You wonder how can they be so unappreciative-they have a great life! Do you think God looks down on us like that? I won't speak for Him, but sometimes I think He does. We prayed for our spouses and then we complain about them. We prayed to get pregnant, then we have the kids and can't wait to get rid of them! Instead of being grateful for a job, we curse it. We complain about our cars even though they run! I bet we confuse God all the time. He's like but I gave you what you asked for; I'm taking care of you! 

Contentment is something we have to choose to have. We have to make up in our minds that we're going to be grateful through whatever situation. If you focus so much on your needs and wants, you miss out. You not only miss your blessings, but you miss out on the rest of life! Have you ever gone out in your city and hung out with the homeless? You should try it. It's mind changing. We're crying because we don't have everything and they're crying because they don't have anything. Perspective. 
So, I won't allow myself more than a day, two max; of crying and venting. After that, I have to get up. I gotta keep living and find something to be grateful for. Or more, SOMEONE who deserves praise:Jesus. I'm not going to lie, it's hard. You wanna keep crying and ranting sometimes. But the bible says that worrying doesn't do anything for you. 
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. 
Each day has enough trouble of its own"....Matthew 6:27 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

I saw this somewhere, worrying is like a rocking chair-you keep worrying but you don't ever move forward. You just stay put. Something like that. It makes sense though. Pick yourself up and smile :) Choose to be grateful that you have freedom. Freedom to live without persecution like other countries. Annnnd you have all your senses. 

You don't have to walk around with a cane to steer your direction. You have your sight! Think about that. Some people have never seen fall-all the beautiful trees changing colors. Or the glorious ocean! Some have never even seen their own kids! Wow, we truly have nothing to complain about. 

So if you find yourself constantly thinking about yourself and your own problems LOOK UP! Look at GOD. See Him and His Beauty. He loves you, what a blessing! Pray for others, take a break from your same old "God, I need you to do this" prayer. There is joy in doing for others :) There is joy in Him. Seek Him...









Love me,
Love God.

No comments:

Post a Comment